Thursday, March 15, 2012


CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
    
    I was so excited and it took lesser time for me to return back to my car. Immediately I started to pack the necessary gears for the Kite Fishing. Sometimes back I came upon this video on YouTube and this guy from Paul Kite Fishing in New Zealand showed how to Kite Fishing from shore. The method is using the kite to pull out the fishing lines with multiple hooks, this method also can be used on the fishing rod. It increases the changes of hooking up big fishes as your bait can be send farther away to the spot that even Danny Moeskops couldn't reach.


    My Kite Fishing Gears consist of 200 lbs tested monofilament lines with a length of 1500 meters as the main fishing lines, it was winded onto a drum which I DIY it from a discarded Car Audio Cable Drum. 2000 meters of 80 lbs tested braided for the kite lines and I bought a reel specifically designed for kite flying. A super strong Power Sled Kite was used as this type of kite is capable of lifting the heavy long lines when caught up with the strong wind. When I did the first test flight at the Woodlands Waterfront Jetty on a windy night, I almost couldn't hold on to the kite lines. 

    Forty sets of rigs which using 4/0 circle hook and 60 lbs tested as leader lines were prepared before hand. Before I set off from home I caught around 200 pieces of Tambans (Greenbacks) as baits, they were frozen and packed separately into fifty pieces per pack. I did some preservation by adding salt to it and packed tightly in my cooler box and they were still icing when I unwrapped them. I decided to leave behind the fishing rods and reels as I figured that I might not had time for them.



    Twenty minutes later I was back at the spot with the Kite Fishing Gears. It was a much tedious walk as I had to carry the gears along which were around thirty kilogram. 


    The wind turned weaker as the dark cloud faded away. The scotching Sun reappeared to beam the heat down to this piece of Earth here, it's getting warmer. But I wasn't ready to give up without trying and as soon as I regained my energy, I brought out my kite set and started to fly it.




    The wind was still blowing outward and although it blew slightly slanted towards the north-eastern direction, I figured that it was fine as long as the kite manged to get up onto the sky. The strategy was to let the kite went up to a higher altitude and than I would release more lines for it to travel further out. The kite should be heading out at the sixty degree direction from where I was, when it reached the five hundred meter mark I would attach the fishing long line onto the kite lines, a Snap On Swivel was attached on the fishing line for easy attachment. I could easily get the fishing long line to reach a distance of 1000 meters when the the Kite lines reach it's full capacity of 2000 meters.

    The forty rigs that I had made at home each came with a two feet hook line and a swivel clip attached onto it. On the main fishing lines I made some stopper loop with a spacing of two feet, the rig will be clipped onto that spacing and it was free running. This spacing for the rigs was given another six feet of spacing in between to prevent them from entangled onto each other by the fishes. Everything were set and all I had to do now was to bring the kite up to the sky.



    I always heard people saying that the weather over at the South China Sea here is very unpredictable and it had proven to me on that day. From the moment I arrived it was drizzling in the morning and it remained cloudy till noon. The wind picked up a few knots and it was a perfect timing to fly kite. When I started to fly the Kite the wind suddenly got weaker and changed direction almost every minute. 

    As the Power Sled Kite required a strong gust of wind to bring it up, I was having a hard time for it just kept crumpling down onto the beach, the wind died off quicker than I could anticipate. The Kite lines reel was giving me problem too. Due to it's design the lines constantly spun out and entangled onto the spinning shaft. After two hours of running, retrieving, disentangling, sweating and cursing, I gave up trying.



    Returned to my car with tired body and disappointment. What a let down! Not only that I failed on the kite fishing, I wasn't even had a chance to wet the fishing line. Slowly I packed my gears and cleaned up myself with a soaked face tower. After some rest I moved on to my next destination as planed, the Adventures of NorthernHardcoreFisherman will be continued at Terengganu!

To be continued...

**Share this video by copy the link below
https://goo.gl/RXY2Ad

**Click here to watch it on YouTube

**Click here to watch my trip at Air Papan Beach with the Bait Launcher

**Click here to SUBSCRIBE now!

**Click here to check out my other videos

Find me at other platform;

Google+  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter Tumblr  Pinterest  Panoramio
========­==­­=================­=­================­=

Always Tight Line, Hardcore is the Spirit!


0 comments:

Tide Table Singapore

Reach me here

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

About

Featured Post

Surecatch Spinning Reel Anti Reverse Easy Fix

Tide Table Singapore

Popular Posts