Friday, June 5, 2015


CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE


    Before I left for Mersing for the fishing trip I had to help my parent to do some chores. So on the second day I arrived at my hometown Pontian, I went out to pay some bills in the afternoon and after the mission accomplished I went on to search for my lunch.

**Share this video by copying this link

**Watch my trip at Air Papan Beach with the Bait Launcher here

**Subscribe now by clicking this link

**Check out my other videos by clicking this link


  The place I went for my lunch is the new town central, it is created from a plot of reclaimed land and after many years of development, it is now replaced the old town central, the Jalan Taib. Many shops set up at this new town central here and some newer projects are on going when I was there.

    Pontian Kechil which is the town where I was born is located at 1°29'05.2"N 103°23'23.7"E. A small town whereby the livelihood of the residents here are very much depend on the fishing at the Straits of Malacca. The Kukup which's a small fishing village produce some of the best seafood that attracted many seafood lovers to visit the town, mainly from Singapore due to the geographical location which's only 62km from Johor Bahru. Travelers who wish to visit Kukup will have to pass by Pontian Kechil and most of them would stop by and pay a visit to Pontian Kechil and this made my hometown bloomed.  


    I stop by at the seaside as I searching for my lunch and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Pontian Kechil. I recalled those days when I was a carefree little boy who roaming around with my bicycle with my gangs, I remembered once I walked almost one kilometer out towards the sea on the mud, I remembered the old fashioned playground which was built using concrete, I went back to the Chicken Rice Restaurant that I had the chicken rice since I was seven years old, I passed by my primary school... Those were the days.

    After my lunch I went to check out a fishing tackle shop here, I was looking for some big pyramid shape sinkers for my Bait Launcher. I intended to stick to the formula that has proven to be workable, the frozen bait bullet. The shopkeepers here gave me some stone cold faces and their mono tone voice turned me off, initially I though of recording some video here but.... Anyway, I got what I wanted from that shop. Although it is not the pyramid shape that I was looking for. I went on to search for the Spark Plug for the Hangkai 3.5hp Outboard Motor, I was told by many shops that this Spark Plug is quite unique and it is hard to find here. Devastated but I didn't give up, more shops were visited and this included Hardware Stores, Machinery Stores and so on. Finally I barged into this half closed Motorcycle Workshop, it was around 7pm and I found the identical Spark Plug for the Hangkai. 


    I decided to stay at my hometown for another night and the next day after some more rigging at my parent's home I set off to Mersing. At Pontian Besar I dropped by a Aquarium cum Pet Shop cum Fishing Tackle Shop to get some worms as bait, I bought some Umpun aka Pun-Pun or Sarong and some Wawat. 

    I traveled via the route that cut through the center part of Johor state and I came across a few beautiful places which will be featured in the next video. I had use this route in the year of 2006 and after almost 10 years I did it twice in a month!

    Stay tuned for the part 3 which I traveled from Pontian to Mersing via the Ayer Baloi - Simpan Rengam - Rengam - Kluang - Kahang - Mersing route which cut through the center of Johor state.

==============================­­========­==­­=====
Please give me your valuable comments to help me making improvement and click the LIKE and SHARE if you find the video is good. Subscribe to my channel for the latest update on the new videos.

You can reach me @

NorthernHardcoreFisherman @ Google+

NorthernHardcoreFisherman @ Facebook

NorthernHardcoreFisherman @ Instagram

NorthernHardcoreFisherman @ Twitter

NorthernHardcoreFisherman @ Tumblr

==============================­­========­==­­=====
Always Tight Line, Hardcore is the Spirit!

0 comments:

Tide Table Singapore

Reach me here

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

About

Featured Post

Surecatch Spinning Reel Anti Reverse Easy Fix

Tide Table Singapore

Popular Posts